You usually re -raise in the following situations:
- When you have calculated the odds (your odds) and compared to your opponents’ hands they are 2 to 1;
- When you want to convince your opponents that you are not very experienced, especially if you are actually an aggressive player;
- To make your opponent stop bluffing;
- When you have a strong hand and your opponent is an aggressive player who probably will re –raise;
- When you want to make experienced tight players to play passive with strong hands since that will decrease your loss.